桌面端搜索工具 Beagle 于昨日发布了新的 0.2.16 版，该版本主要是修正了大量的 bug，其次的明显变化是对于 Mono 的需求回滚到了 188.8.131.52 版。此外，也包含对于一些翻译文件的更新。
Beagle 0.2.16 的显著变化包括：
* Roll back the Mono requirement to 184.108.40.206. The .NET 2.0 support should be good enough in it, and it gives us access to more released distros (like Ubuntu Edgy and SUSE 10.1).
* Change our method of setting up limits on external extractor processes, because running JITted code in a child process sometimes causes runtime deadlocks. [bgo #402065]
* Fix a problem in our Sqlite schema where Beagle could loop crawling directories that started with zeros.
* Correctly handle filter versions while indexing, so that if a filter is upgraded to index more information, those files will be reindexed.
* Fix a problem where KMail folders were not being indexed. [bgo #391647 and #401767, bnc #238161]
* Fix an issue with the file system backend reporting that it is indexing even after it has finished.
* Fix an issue with the Evolution mail backend reporting that it is doing the initial crawl even if it is only reprocessing a changed mailbox.
* Fix an issue with the Konversation backend always reporting that it is indexing, prompting the info box in beagle-search.
* Many robustness improvements to the Konversation backend.
* Fixes to the image filter (extracting JFIF comments and IPTC data, among others).
* Fix a potential deadlock on PDF files that cause pdftotext to spam output to stderr.
* Fix the SVG filter to handle undeclared namespaces gracefully. [bgo #404787]
* Workaround certain archive files that cause SharpZipLib to loop infinitely. [bgo #402280]
* Fix bugs caused by a change in behavior after switching to the .NET 2.0 profile, mostly date-related.
* Fixed a problem where beagle-crawl-system was not being properly generated at configure-time. [bgo #401504]
Ubuntu Edgy 目前所包含的 Beagle 为 0.2.9 版，通过以下的源你可以安装最新的 0.2.16 版：
deb http://beagle-project.org/files/ubuntu/edgy/ ./
deb http://kubasik.net/ubuntu/edgy ./
Download Beagle 0.2.16